Cancellations & Trip Cancellation Insurance
Please read Our Cancellation Policy & Policy on Evacuations/Trip Cancellation Insurance below.
Our Cancellation Policy for all rentals is as follows:
If you have to cancel for any reason we will do our best to re-rent your reserved time out again for you. IF we are able to re-rent out your reserved time for at least the same amount that you paid then you will receive a 90% refund of the monies we have received minus credit card fees. If we are able to re-rent out your reserved time but not for as much as you paid then you will receive a pro-rated refund, again minus any credit card fees. If you made your reservation via the VRBO portal then you understand that we have no control over what they will refund as they can change their policy at any time.
If we are not able to re-rent out your reserved time you can of course still come and enjoy the beach. You will not receive any refund if we are not able to re-rent out your reserved time.
We STRONGLY urge you to purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover your vacation. You should only purchase a "cancel for any reason" type policy. Hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th. If you are worried about having to cancel your vacation due to an impending storm, or having to evacuate or about someone in your party getting sick then we strongly urge you to purchase trip cancellation insurance. You will not receive a refund if you are made to evacuate due to Governmental order to evauate or due to illness, etc.
Click on this LINK* which will take you to where you can get quotes and purchase a trip cancellation policy to cover you should you have to cancel. You can also buy a policy from any carrier of your choice of course. Cancel for Any Reason is a time sensitive benefit and must be purchased within 10-21 days from the initial trip payment date.
Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC
RESERVATION'S TERMS & CONDITIONS HIGHLIGHTS
Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC recommends your actual signed reservation agreement is shared with all members of your traveling party
- Payments: 50% of rent total is due at the time of booking; final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival. Full payment is due at the time of booking when a reservation is made within 45 days of arrival. Personal checks will not be accepted. If payment is not received by the final payment due date, it will be charged to the credit card on file. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express and PayPal. Payment will not be processed on more than 2 credit cards per reservation.
- Taxes and Fees: Taxes and fees are not included in quoted rates. 12% state sales tax, state and local accommodations taxes and fees, plus a damage waiver fee and cleaning fee are added to all rentals. Tax rates are calculated according to state sales tax, state and local accommodations taxes and fees and local laws in force at the time of the Agreement. Guest is responsible for payment of all applicable taxes in effect at time of occupancy. Other fees may include pet fees, pool or spa heating fees or any other concierge type services rendered to you by Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC.
- Agency: Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is acting solely as agent for the Owner.
- License: Guest is NOT a tenant and has acquired no leasehold in the property. Guest is a licensee of the Owner pursuant to S.C. State Code 45-2-20 et. seq. The term "rent" is used for convenience only.
5A. Guest cancellations must be in writing. If you cancel your reservation, you will be responsible for your entire reservation balance until the property has been re-booked and confirmed for the same use period and for the same rate. Final payment will be processed to the credit card on file 45 days prior to arrival per the payment policy. There are NO exceptions. If the property is re-booked for only part of the use period or for less rent for the reserved days, you may be credited the monies covered by the rebooking, and refunded the balance less a 10% cancellation fee and credit card fees based on the full base rent of the property. If the property is not rebooked, the entire balance will be forfeited to Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC. If you found us via VRBO they charge and keep a service fee which we have no control over whether or not they will refund or not.
5B. A property that is unacceptable to the guest is deemed a cancellation by the guest and there will be no refunds.
5C. Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC may cancel this reservation if, in its sole opinion, it is in the best interest of the Owner.
5D. Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for the weather or other Acts of God and there will be no refunds.
5E. Travel Insurance protects you from losses you may incur because of unforeseen circumstances, such as illness, injuries, and mandatory hurricane evacuations Travel Insurance must be purchased no later than 30 days prior, and depending upon policy chosen by you, sometimes must be purchased within 2 weeks of making your reservation, to arrival or at the time of booking when a reservation is made within 30 days of arrival. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. Please refer to the link provided to you, one is above on this page as well, for Trip Cancellation insurance and contact them with specific questions about coverage. If you cancel your reservation for any reason there will be no refund therefore if you do not purchase Trip Cancellation insurance then you will lose 100% of your funds. There will be NO exception and once again we strongly encourage you to purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance. You may purchase Trip Cancellation insurance from any provider of your choosing as well.
5F. If you cancel your reservation, you are responsible for the entire reservation balance regardless of whether you have signed the Reservation Agreement. Placing your initial 50% up front payment is confirmation of your booking and binds you to Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC’s policies and procedures.
5G. Comparable Property: Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC reserves the right to change the property reserved to a comparable property. Advance notice will be given if time permits.
6. Arrival and Departure:
Check-in is on or after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival. Early check-ins are not guaranteed under any circumstances. Departure times at all properties is 10 am, no exceptions.
Guest agrees to comply with the check-out time or be subject to a late departure fee of up to one night's rental. If the property is not vacated by check-out time, guest hereby consents to Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC removing all occupants and their belongings from the property and disposing of all belongings at Guest's expense and risk of loss.
7A. Guest agrees to restrict occupancy to the number and class of occupants as they originally indicated on their initial reservation.
7B. Certain properties allow dogs and are duly noted in the property description. Absolutely no pets are allowed in a rental property without remittance of the pet fee per dog. Pets are limited to two (2), mature housebroken dogs, unless Guest requests and receives an exception for more than 2. If Guest does receive permission for more dogs then Guest agrees to pay the additional pet fee per dog. If pets are discovered in a home not allowing pets, the tenant will be evicted immediately and rental monies forfeited. The town of Edisto Beach has leash laws which are enforced. Guest is responsible for cleaning up after pets and for any damage or injuries caused by pets. Pet damage is not covered by Damage waiver.
7C. Any and all pets (dogs only) must be disclosed to Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC prior to arrival.
7D. This Agreement may not be transferred or assigned by the Guest.
7E. Absolutely no house parties, youth groups, fraternities, weddings, receptions, meetings, or parties allowed. Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC does not rent to students or groups of students under any circumstances even if a parent or other legally responsible adult makes the reservation. If such a group occupies or attempts to occupy the property, it will be required to immediately vacate and there will be no refunds.
7F. Guest authorizes Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC employees and contractors to access the property when Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC determines that it is necessary including regularly scheduled visits.
7G. Motorhomes and trailers may not be connected to the utilities and may not be occupied when parked at the property and are not allowed at all homes.
8. Disturbances: Occupancy and use of the premises and amenities shall not be in a manner that disturbs residents or other Guests. If any Guest creates a private or public nuisance, Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC has the right to terminate this Agreement and require that all Guests vacate, with no refunds.
8A. Edisto Beach is a growing community and construction may occur. Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for construction on roads, public spaces, or neighboring properties. If you are renting close to a property under construction, please be tolerant. Construction is subject to noise ordinances. No refunds will be given for disturbances due to construction nor can we move you to another property.
8B. Tenant agrees that they will not use, nor permit the use of the premises for any unlawful or disorderly purposes, nor commit or permit a nuisance to be committed therein. Shooting of fireworks and carrying of firearms or excessive noise are prohibited. Claims: Guest agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC, the Owner and their agents from any loss or damage, including attorney's fees, incurred as a result of any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, judgments, fines or penalties arising out of Guest's use or occupancy of the property.9. Additional Fees and Charges:
9A. Damages: Guest agrees to be responsible for all damages and excessive cleaning expenses resulting from Guest's use or occupancy of the property. Guest agrees that the damage waiver paid will cover up to $1000 in accidental damage to the home. Guest agrees that if there are any damages to the home which occur above $1000 guest authorizes Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC to charge the credit card on file for those damages. This does not pertain to personal property in the home i.e. furniture, appliances, tv’s, dvd players or stereos etc. Guest agrees any accidental damage or destruction to these items will be charged to Guest’s credit card on file.
9B. Enforcement: Guest agrees to pay all court costs, and reasonable attorney fees incurred by Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC in the enforcement of its rights under the Agreement.
10. Maintenance/Housekeeping: Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for air conditioning or any other appliance that fails to operate properly or for other maintenance issues, including but not limited to, pest control and housekeeping. Guest agrees to notify Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC as soon as maintenance or housekeeping issues arise and the issue will be repaired or remedied as soon as possible. No refunds or compensation will be given.
11. Pest Control: Because we are located in a low-lying area, pest control services are performed regularly. To keep the pest population under control, Guest agrees to allow pest control operators access to the property.
12. Personal Items: Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for any personal property that is lost, stolen, damages or left behind. A $50.00 retrieval fee will be charged to search for personal property left behind, and if found, the items will be returned at Guest's expense.
13. Damage Payments: Credit card damage payments are not actually charged unless damage or excessive cleaning is required. In that event, invoices and credit card receipts will be emailed to the Guest.
14. Governing Law; Severability: This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced according to the laws of the State of South Carolina, the invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more provisions of this Agreement shall in no way affect any other provisions.
15. Wireless Internet and Cable: High speed wireless internet and cable/satellite service are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to the agreement. No refund of rentals shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regards to internet service. The guest is accountable for any illegal activity that occurs on the network during their stay
16. Bikes, toys, chairs etc. If upon arrival there are bikes, toys, chairs etc. either left there by owner or other renters, unless specifically prohibited in your specific agreement, you may use these items at your own risk. Edisto Beach Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for maintaining said items.